Fish Dying?

BoDiddley

Non-member
I went to work on saturday morning(leave at 5:45am) everybody was fine, i got home at about 5:30pm and my coral beauty and royal gramma were both found dead at the bottom of the tank, this morning woke up late(about 6:30am) walked the dog as usual, my two clownfish were fine, lights just turned on and the smaller one was in the back of the tank found dead :( i have a 45g cube that has been running fine the only thing i have added were a bunch of corals from dz6t(but i assimilated them and transferred them without using his water)

Salinity is 1.026-measured with a hydrometer my refractometer is coming in the mail
Ammonia-0ppm
Nitrate-0ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Ca-520(is this to high?)
Phosphate-0.025
dKH-8

It did appear that the royal gramma got ich maybe that killed them off? just really confused, the blood red shrimp/hermits/emerald crab/snails all appear to not be affected nor do the corals

How long has the tank been set up? Ich could be a problem and royal gramma are pretty prone to it. Did you inspect the body of the dead fish to see if there's any injury to the body? Sometime unwanted hitchhiker like mantis shrimp can cause a lot of havoc in the tank.
Calcium of 525ppm would not kill fish.

The tank has been set up for 3months the body of the fish seemed to have nipped tails but I'm not sure if the hermits got to them first

First and only time I got ich killed all my fish within a week of seeing symptoms if one fish has it that means they all have it. Why I always qt my fish now.

Hate to be bearer of bad news but if it is ich you have to run your tank fowell for next 8 weeks means no fish inverts are ok. Had to do it sucks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I figured as much but have never had marine ich before(was in the hobby a couple years ago for a year or so before I had to move and lost everything) and didn't know if it acted this quickly

Back