help choosing a Skimmer

JohnnyD88

Non-member
both skimmer is very close to price rang i don't know which skimmer is better for the money :)
Super Reef Octopus XP3000I 10” Cone In Sump Skimmer $640
Reef Octopus Super Reef 5000 Internal Skimmer $610

very much the same skimmer only the cone can;t handle as much volume. It is really going to come down to your tank volume.

i have 150 gallon extra high with dominate SPS and want a big skimmer so that i might upgrade to a bigger thank so. you think this skimmer is best ? Reef Octopus Super Reef 5000 Internal Skimmer $610

If you are planning to upgrade to the 200-300g club then it would make sense. If not, you could go with a smaller skimmer.

If you are planning to upgrade to the 200-300g club then it would make sense. If not, you could go with a smaller skimmer.

i won't be upgrade to a bigger tank in 3 to 4 years by that time a new model come out. i like to over kill a little :), so in your experiment what skimmer will do best for my tank ?

i won't be upgrade to a bigger tank in 3 to 4 years by that time a new model come out. i like to over kill a little :), so in your experiment what skimmer will do best for my tank ?

I have a SRO 5000SSS in my 120G and love it... A little overkill? YES! But it works well and I am already eye balling a bigger tank in the future :).

Higor

You could go with the Super Reef Octopus3000int, But I understand wanting the 5000int. Personal choice at that point. if you plan on pushing stocking the tank to its limit get the bigger skimmer. But if money is an issue you would be more than fine with the 3000 Int

money is not an issue :) when u in this type of hobbies but you just have to save for it right hehehehehe. then im gona get the bigger skimmer
thank for all ur help.

Back