Help with Tunze doc 9002

zeeman

Non-member
Hi all, I have a question on the Tunze 9002. I have a Redsea Max 130d tank I bought the Tunze because of the noise with the stock skimmer. I have had the skimmer in the tank since Sunday and it is not skimming. I followed the instructions and paid attention to the water level, but it does not want to skim. My stock skimmer was doing a better job. I do want to meation that I also bought Steve T media basket. A lot of forums were raving about this skimmer and how much better it was then the stock Redsea, so far its not true. Also I noticed the pump seems like it does not have enough power. Hopefully someone can help me out with this issue. I know I must be doing something wrong. Thanks in advance.

I have a 9002 as well and it did take a while for it to work (maybe 6 weeks)
But I also found that the little tubing that goes from the motor to the ouput was bent when I 1st received it.
I found this out as I checked out the system when a snail got stuck in the impeller.
just make sure the venturi is open enough that you see the foam in the bottom of the cup.
you will probably have to make daily adjustments as you progress as the skimmer gets worked in.
oh I also found that the hole on the top back (between magnets) tends to expel the overflow from the pump
I'd suggest to stick a piece of filter foam pad inside at this hole to eliminate the tiny bubbles forming

I also found that the little tubing that goes from the motor to the ouput was bent when I 1st received it.
I had this skimmer on a smaller tank. It worked great and took a few weeks to break in. After about one week of no skim at all I popped the top off and found the air hose kinked. Check that.

Back