I can't believe it! Clownfish eggs.

One Eye

former vp of pr
After trying several different pairs of clowns, over several years, the fish I can't stand have spawned in the tank. The dreaded attack Tomato clowns have laid eggs! Now it is absolutly impossible to work anywhere inside the tank! I thought they were a little more aggressive the past couple days. I fed the anenomes tonight and found out why.
It's very cool to finaly have a pair lay eggs, but of all the fish!! :D

Attachments

• 2003_01161steggs0108 (Custom).JPG
    2003_01161steggs0108 (Custom).JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 266
That's awesome!

Congrats! I have had my clownfish pair for years and haven't been able to get them to do anything. Are you going to try to grow out the eggs? Good luck.

No I don't think I'm going to grow them out. I think free food is good. The fact that something is going to eat the children of those nasty little b*stards gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!! :)

I'm pretty sure they are not. These are in Deb's softy/anenome tank...Armando, don't make me wake up the red mite rabbit!! :D :eek:

Since this thread was resurected, I'll give you an update.
I can see eyes in the eggs now. There's the update...excited? God I hope not. If you are excited then you are TRULY a fish geek:)

I actually had the oppurtunity to watch me female tomatoe clown laying the eggs on a rock. I watched that for about 1/2 hour. I guess that makes me some what of a fish geek. Good to see something positive going on to off set those friggin worms. They should be hatching soon if you are seeing eyes. I never got to see much more than a few fry. They always hatched when I was sleeping....

Last edited:
You really want to raise these things? They are nasty, all of them. I've never heard of Tomato Clowns not being nasty. Deb's been after me to try and raise them ourselves. I guess they could go in the QT (with the flatworms) I'd have to start with green water right now, they've got to be close to hatching. I'll post a new pic in a few.

I'am still trying to kill my maroon but I think he is going to get me first. This thing has 9 lives he jumped out of the net twice, survived a direct harpoon hit that removed his white stripe, now he hides when I even come in the room, don't know how to get him.

Jim

Jim, when he fell out of the net....why'd you pick him up? :D

Here's the next generation of evil.

Attachments

• 2003_0121clowneggs20002 (Custom).JPG
    2003_0121clowneggs20002 (Custom).JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 168
They hatched tonight. I think they were just trying to prove Greg right. They hatched about 1 1/2 hrs after lights out. 8 days after being laid.

Back