January meeting recap

Liam

letting it grow
For those who did'nt make the meeting yesterday and for those who spent too much time at the bar and don't remember:D here is a brief rundown on what went on at this months Quincy meeting.

There was a great turnout for this meeting around 110 people,this caused a slight delay getting things rolling while extra tables and chairs were rustled up,coffee,donuts and bagels were provided to wake everone up and keep the hunger at bay.
Once everyone was situated Joe Yaiullo from Atlantis Aquarium on long island gave a highly interesting and amusing talk covering the construction of the aquarium from the ground up.He showed many stills of construction,many pics of huge versions of equipment we use on our reefs for example 12 foot high skimmers and massive calcium reactors.The talk ended with a Q and A session while a video from the 20000 gallon reef played showing some cool hippo tang spawning footage.
I'm sure everyone managed to pick up an idea or two from Joe's talk,i know i did and on behalf of everyone in the BRS i would like to say thanks again for making the trip up Joe.
Then out came the pizza,28 of them in fact,plenty was left for seconds and a few even managed thirds

We then had a raffle with some great prizes in the form of frags donated by atlantis.Marc at fishy business was kind enough to donate some D+D epoxy and some cleaning cloths.We also had a couple of donations from members this month,Jeff(nitrofish) donated 4 bottles of Levamisole HCI and i think it was Bill Nichols donated a couple of bags of his homemade frag discs. Then came the auction,again we had some cherry picked frags from Joe at atlantis a couple of which raised a good chunk of change for the club.Marc at fishy business donated a huge chunk of his awesome Dry rock which also attracted some heavy bidding.
The meeting ended with the as always hectic frag swap.
Thanks to all who donated to the various fundraisers and
thanks to all that came down for a fantastic meeting as always.
Hope to see you all at next months meeting:)

Thanks to Gustovo (Neo) for getting us the screen for the meeting! And thanks to Richard for getting to there and back.

I wish I was able to have been to the meeting, unfortunately I wasn't able to be there. It sounded like it was quite organized though! Where do you hold the meetings, anyway?

Back