Lurker Intro out West

RichardinMA

Non-member
Hi All,

I have actually been a lurker for the past couple years as I don't have a lot of time to post. I do still enjoy seeing other people's tanks and corals. I have several tanks ranging from a 14g BioCube up to a 160g system comprised of two 80g frag tanks. Pictured here is my 47g Bowfront that runs sumpless. It has been up for a couple years and has shifted from mixed to primarily SPS. I have not noticed too many people out in the Western part of the state on here but I am always looking to meet others out this way and enjoy trading trading too. Unfortunately, Boston is about 2 hours from me so it is hard to get to meetings but I would like to try to get to one at some point.

I have been keeping fresh and salt for about 20 years but keep almost exclusively salt now. I plan to post more pictures as I have time to share some of my favorite corals and inverts.

Richard

Wow great looking tank! Looking forward to more pics of your others. Welcome aboard!
Tell us more about your systems, you have great coloration in your sps

Thanks. This tank is a mix of high and low tech. Like I said, it has no sump. There is a Fluval 405 canister filter running bio-media and foam sponge. I will also use this to run any chemical media I choose to. I also have a Fluval protein skimmer in the tank that works better than I expected. That's it on filtration. The lighting is more high-tech. I am running an import LED (2 channel) 120w on one side and an Ecotech Radion Pro on the other side. I have an ATO and dose 2-part (generic) with Aqua-lifters. It's really taken off this year and all of those small colonies have tripled, if not quadrupled in size during this time. Oddly, that Bali Green Slimer has been pretty well stagnant while the others have exploded. It is frustrating as it is one of my favorites!

These are just a few of my favorites from this tank:

This is a tricolor-looking Acro. It is generally purple with neon green polyps:

I love Rock Anemones and can't get enough of them:

This Ice Blue Tort has been one of the fastest growers for me. It started off as a 1" frag in the spring and is now a colony over 3" across.

This is one of my absolute favorite Acros. No idea what it is. Bought it for $15 as a 1"-2", brown frag. It colored up to a bright mint-green with pink tips. This thing is awesome and has great PE all day long. A quick grower too.

There are lots of other cool ones but it is so hard to get the colors right shooting under LED.

This was my 14G BioCube- "Before"

Awesome zoos and mushrooms, Aussie micromussa and a neon green Montipora

This was a stunning red carlgreni mushroom

Unfortunately, a stuck thermostat (a back-up!) shot the tank up to 94 degrees and pretty well wiped the slate clean. :sorrow: I am restarting this now and trying to get it stocked up with zoos and Acans.

Back