My new 37G Cube/Column Softy & LPS setup

I am kind of doing the same set up as you only mine is a 38 rr. I am doing a softy LPS tank. For lighting I am using a Nova T5 fixture. I have a 20 gal sump/refugium. I am going to use a aqua C urchin skimmer. Return is a MAG 3. 2 maxi jet 1200. I have 20 pounds of live rock and 30 pounds of marcos rock. I plan on keeping zoas, mushrooms, acans, open brain, feather dusters and others. For fish I was planning on 2 pearly jaws, 2 black o clowns and maybe a fillimented flasher wrasse. I really like potters angels but with my luck I will get the one that eats all of my zoas and will go after my blues first. :rolleyes: I plan on putting a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp and want an anenome to keep my clowns happy. We will see how it goes. Nicole:D

I am kind of doing the same set up as you only mine is a 38 rr. I am doing a softy LPS tank. For lighting I am using a Nova T5 fixture. I have a 20 gal sump/refugium. I am going to use a aqua C urchin skimmer. Return is a MAG 3. 2 maxi jet 1200. I have 20 pounds of live rock and 30 pounds of marcos rock. I plan on keeping zoas, mushrooms, acans, open brain, feather dusters and others. For fish I was planning on 2 pearly jaws, 2 black o clowns and maybe a fillimented flasher wrasse. I really like potters angels but with my luck I will get the one that eats all of my zoas and will go after my blues first. :rolleyes: I plan on putting a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp and want an anenome to keep my clowns happy. We will see how it goes. Nicole:D

Sounds like a good setup. Good luck and Keep us posted on your tank progress.

Update: Started filling up with RO water, it is very slow process, hoping tank will be up and running tonight.

Ok Question for you guys:
Tank is up and running, so far it has sand and all dry or dead rock. I put piece of shrimp to begin the cycle.

I like to add some Live Rock and Chetomorpha. When do you think should i add it? Should i wait few days or can i add sooner? Also should i wait to add Cheato or i can add same time as Live Rock as well.
What do you think?

No problem with adding chaeto with the rock and adding the rock now will probably help calm down the sand.

Edit: And you need the LR in there now for the starter bactiria which does the cycle.

No problem with adding chaeto with the rock and adding the rock now will probably help calm down the sand.

Edit: And you need the LR in there now for the starter bactiria which does the cycle.

Sounds good, i will get some LR and cheto today.

Yep, after adding more live rock you'd get a little cycle, so unless you're expecting a really hard cycle (like you've had your "live rock" in the trunk of your car in July for a day and a half), I'd put in all your liverock first.

Yep, after adding more live rock you'd get a little cycle, so unless you're expecting a really hard cycle (like you've had your "live rock" in the trunk of your car in July for a day and a half), I'd put in all your liverock first.

Sounds good, i will add pretty much all LR soon.

I looked at that Perfecto before buying my Oceanic 30 gallon cube. I was NOT impressed. The glass is rather thin, I think 3/16 or 1/4. My 30 cube is 5/16. The Oceanic is 20x18x20.

Update:
Tank is doing good. It has been setup for around three months skimmerless and sumpless and so far everything seems to be doing fine. I tried to do 20% water change every three weeks or so and change carbon. It's pretty much LPS and softy setup.

37G Column/Cube LPS & Softy Setup

o Tank, Stand & Canopy
-> 37G Perfecto Column/Cube Tank
-> DIY Stand
-> DIY Canopy

o Flow
-> Two Maxi-jets 1200 Power Heads
-> Return flow from Aqua Clear 110 DIY Refugium

o Lighting
-> 175W Single Ended (10K XM) Retro Light
-> 20Watt 6500K CF Refugium Lighting
-> 1 Clip on Gooseneck light for the refugium