new member introduction

stuntmantmike

Non-member
Hello,

New to the forum and are looking forward to learn from some local keepers. I am located on Cape cod, not alot out this way for shops. I have set up two 65 gallon tanks draining into a 55 gallon sump and a 20 gallon refugium. Using a deltec protein skimmer and lighting with 150 watt halide and 36 in t5 with moon lights.

Right now both tanks are Have a few fish in them but are looking forward to getting some corals started.

Anyone in the area that has any corals that they want to help out a newbie with it would be appreciated. Not sure what I will be able to keep sps with my current lighting, maybe near the surface.

mike

150w is a bit weak for such a big tank. You might want to look into getting stronger lights. I think two 250's would be enough.

Sucks that you're so far, I havnt seen many people here who live on the cape. The only person I can think of is Marco from MarcoRocks. Anyways, i hope you like driving :D Welcome to BRS!

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

Your lighting sounds sufficient for LPS and softies, maybe even some SPS up high. We have a few members out on the cape.

good to know i was just cringing at spending 1000 on a 2x 250 mh. Both of the tanks are at work, so I am looking to maintain attractive, but easy to moderate tanks.

Back