Painting Inside of Cabinet

BiGGiePauls33

Current BRS President
Staff member
Officer
BRS Member
What do you all use to paint the inside of your stand/cabinet? Looking for a nice bright white.

What do you all use to paint the inside of your stand/cabinet? Looking for a nice bright white.

I used some paint I had hanging around. Not much though went into my choice though. Just some Sherwin Williams brand low scent stuff. You can ask them when you’re there. It’s pretty good paint.

c62305b8581dd39b69af5edb5bcfcd30.jpg

2nd Tank
Water in the main tank and a few finishing touches for the frag tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used two in one stain/epoxy, epoxy adds an extra layer of protection to the wood and screws

Yeah I had to build something with a country feel per the misses.

Assuming the stand is wood, I like the two part epoxy idea...if your not gonna go that route, I would definitely use an exterior white paint, it doesn’t have to be oil based but would be better if it was...any time I paint high traffic, or other areas that see a lot of use, (closet shelves, inside kitchen cabinets, some bookcases) I always use exterior paint, and I would do the same for inside stand

And a pic of my son[emoji23]
afee72a687eb48477411856623d89238.jpg

That’s a beautiful stand! Cool barn doors. I like the matching frag tank [emoji23]

Thanks.
The frag stand is the typical lame wood one that comes with cheap tanks. I just painted it and put plywood on top. I have to raise it a bit though.

What the inside of the stand look like? I’ve had good luck with oil based gloss rustoleum paint on wood stands. The gloss is pretty water resistant and easy to wipe up spills and scrub. +1 on caulking the seems on the bottom of the stand before painting like Chris said.

And a pic of my son[emoji23]
afee72a687eb48477411856623d89238.jpg

That’s a beautiful stand! Cool barn doors. I like the matching frag tank [emoji23]

Thanks.
The frag stand is the typical lame wood one that comes with cheap tanks. I just painted it and put plywood on top. I have to raise it a bit though.

Didn’t notice but now that you mention it would look better at the same height as the display tank. I recognized the doors on the frag tank stand, still looks really nice painted matching the other one [emoji23]

What the inside of the stand look like? I’ve had good luck with oil based gloss rustoleum paint on wood stands. The gloss is pretty water resistant and easy to wipe up spills and scrub. +1 on caulking the seems on the bottom of the stand before painting like Chris said.

Attachments

• IMG_20191010_144314.jpg
    IMG_20191010_144314.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_20191010_145312.jpg
    IMG_20191010_145312.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 181
Back