painting the bank of my tank..?

pyro

Non-member
Hello BRS. Im just curious if/whats the significance to painting the backof my tank (if any), and what color would be most advised? I have a regular 10 gallon with x2 24W T5HO. I plan on restocking with corals soon (had a real bad crash where EVERYTHING failed) and im curious if it would be smart to spray on a brighter color paint to help reflect light. Maybe something like an aqua blue or a similar color?

Just Aesthetics. Makes whatever is in the foreground pop from the painted background opposed to having glass. Though if you don`t scrape the back of your glass its just gonna get covered with coraline any ways in due time. Mines painted blue I used Krylon fusion spray paint

Just read post a little more. If in saying "EVERYTHING failed) and im curious if it would be smart to spray on a brighter color paint to help reflect light" you think your crash had anything to do with your light, that is not the case. That is plenty of light

If you have any wires or anything running down the back of your tank it hides them. The back of my tank is black, but I think blue would look better.

I will not have another tank with a non black out back . Makes all the wires disappear , and to boot gives depth of your reef. As for if you can do this. I rolled this latex black on before I put my tank together 6 coats , I picked this idea up from a fellow reefer on RC , but I love it. Here is the paint I used and here is what it gives you vs non painted back. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364248980.981326.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364249310.122989.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1364249434.739471.jpg

I would say paint it black. I had a blue background now it's black and I like it better. Although it doesn't matter anymore because my background is now purple/coralline algae from top to bottom haha

Back