reefermedic 10
pinkskunk 20
jimmyj7090
dg13
wrassefan
Stanley Wong 20
~Flighty~ 20
rtc_reefer 15

Just making a list to get an idea of #s not a list of committed people or anything. Looks like we would need around 100 bags so far.

I may be on for more, depending on how good a deal they can get.

I just called PE and the woman told me that occassionally in the beginning of the year they have smaller shrimp, but they don't market them normally. All we can get now is the regular size.

Anyone interested still?

Small are only available at the beginning of the year and according to PE it is not definite that they will be available then. They do not look to package small shrimp, if they get them they do and then it is only at the beginning of the year.

OK - I called PE back to clarify a few things and here is the deal. It seems what they ment by the beginning of the year is the spring because that is when they start fishing for the year. So - when they start fishing IF they catch small mysis they will bag them and grade them as small. All the mysis are wild caught and they do not specifically fish for small mysis. Smalls are NOT currently available and there is no guarantee that they will have them in the spring.

They do not sell direct.

Cindy - any word from AA?

If AA doesn't do this, I am still willing to order for delivery for the meeting, but we are getting tight on time. The price would be $6.67 per 8 oz package provided we get to 50 bags. Pending what happens with AA, please post how many packages of regular size mysis you would be interested in so we can see if we meet the 50.

I got 50 slabs from "Aquatic food" last month. I used three slabs so far and each slab has small & large Mysis shrimp in it.

first:
Do you know know where they fish for those shrimps? ;) maybe we will go there and fish them for ourself :D

second:
Will leopard wrasse and Copperband BF able to eat these large shrimp? r i will end up have to eat them myself........... :D

Seriously, 20 bags of the large shrimp is ALOT of shrimp to eat even or a med male like me :D

alright will mandarins, percula clowns, yellow watchman goby and six line wrasse be able to eat the large mysis? if yes im in for 2-3
Thanks
Duds

All of my fish have learned how to eat the large mysis. For the little fish who have trouble I just squash it in my fingers a bit. I'll call AA when they open. Maybe they could do two 50 bag orders hoping to get smalls? I would prefer newly caught ones if the don't fish until the spring.

Last edited:
I got a PM from Cindy on Friday - AA was supposed to call PE today.

Cindy - any word on this?

Thanks.

Aquatic Foods is out of PE Mysis at the moment and I can't find anyone whose price comes close to theirs so it looks like we will have to wait until next month.

Back