Pooled order Air Water Ice RODI

I still have no quote for shipping and have 3 different answers for the prices of the items with discount so i wouldnt even know what to tell you all to send at this stage. Perhaps i speak a different language or something.

I own my own business yet never have these problems with communications with it.

Its usually pretty standard.
1) Customer asks for something
2) I give them a price
3) they send the money
4) I prepare and send their items

I was pretty sure this was how it worked everyplace, i guess not in this case.

About 12 more emails yet still no clue on shipping or what the final discount prices would be. The latest from Walter is 30% across the board on all web prices. Still no idea on shipping so no idea what to collect from anyone. Still many emails from others who appear not to communicate with each other over there and many different stories going on at once. I just sent them all an email asking them not to write me anymore and that i will only deal with Walter as anything anyone else tells you is suspect.

I think our best bet at this point is to see if a local sponsor would like to pick this up. Cause im just about finished. If someone else wants to take over with them your welcome to but i have had enough!

I don't blame you man and I really don't need the filters that badly to put anyone through this crap. So I'll be the first one to say drop my order from the list. Unless it too late.
LMK what you guys want to do. I'm OK with either telling them to F-off or continue with this screw up AWI deal.
NOT BLAMING YOU JEFF.

What you may want to do, and this is only a thought, but since they can't seem to get this right with us doing it as a group maybe they can deal with each of our orders individually and we pay them directly and they ship to us directly. This way they can deal with each of us and tell us what our final price would be. I know that he said one shippig address and one payment but it appears that they are having a tough time doing this.

Andy, I suggested that too. Doesnt seem they want to deal with it and they said they wont be doing any more group buys in the future as they all end up like this. I cant take all the emails anymore and am basically done with them. I will buy my items local. Feel free to contact them if you have more patience then me. I have at least 50 emails each way so far and still no clue what is going on.

Shame this could not work. I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with it anymore. I wonder is anyone else going to take their business elsewhere? I like the Typhoon unit but feel as though I've been shafted by AWI. Earlier in this thread there was another guy who ran these 3 times a year for the Connecticut club, I wonder if he had this hassle?

For the hell of it I just called over and spoke with Marissa to ask what was going on and they said that they are packing up the last box right now and should have a shipping charge shortly.

Here is the latest from Walter regarding all this and my reply to him about it.

In a message dated 1/11/2007 12:34:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, walter@airwaterice.com writes:
Jeff ,

My only reply is We will do as we offered . The packing of the order is complete and the boxes have been weighed and the shipping cost is being calculated . We had only tried to save members money by reducing the box number and combining them . Had we known we were under time restraint we would have made each shipment individually ,probably at least doubling the shipping cost .
Group orders are a service provide by us to groups , we had never imagined that we were screwing up by trying to save reefers money .
We regret any problems caused
Our employee made an extreme error in calculating equipment due to the rush to satisfy . We simply cannot provide equipment at below cost . We stand by the original 30 % off listed price . How ever at this point it is an all or nothing deal .
I think in return for the discount we should have been cut the slack required to complete , pack and calculate such an order . It is up to you guys . Right now we are damned if we do and damned if we don't .

Regards,

Walter

And my reply

Walter,
Your still missing the point. There was never a rush to get it packed and shipped, never. Nobody expected it. However when inquiring about a large order a few things are expected.
1) Some sort of email saying that you at least got our email.
2) an invoice with a total amount.

That is all i was asking for all along and those are 2 things you guys cant seem to provide, even to this moment. This is the only thing everyone is frustrated about. They want to know how much to pay for thier stuff and i cant give them an answer because i dont know. I have 12 people sending me multiple emails a day asking me this, you just have me.

As for the shipping part. Walter, you have been doing this a long time. You know exactly what each of those items weigh and how many fit in a box. Its not rocket science, i do it myself every day. UPS will take up to 150 pounds in a box. Add up the weights put in the zipcodes and you have a quote. Add 10 pounds if your that worried about it being so precise.
Jeff

Jeff:

Assuming that this all works out, as others have stated above, I am more than happy to pay pal (+3%) you if that helps make things a bit easier.

Thanks again for this headache that you have been dealing with.

yea it maybe the best way to handle it since they want us to pay right away and have it shipped right away

I have an invoice with shipping now. Im working on figuring it all out. At least one person said they would put it all on the credit card up front, if they want to they can call awi. total is $1735.11

Wrassefan $64.72
Ray $65.45
GRS123 $181.07
smcnally $124.46
stang8s $96.22
toofly $323.48
janda $178.67
andyo $187.77
fish88 $168.20
rosey $84.35
richard $89.95
snick $46.55
paula $124.22

GRS123 said he would front it on his card and have it shipped to him. They dont seem to want to hold for us to collect the money.
Jeff

I wanted to explain to you guys how i divided up the UPS charges. They told me each of the 5 typhoon units are shipping individually and they are $18.95 each. (usually $25). That left us with $95.20 shipping. I divided that evenly by 10 people who ordered other goods, $9.52 each. I did not charge that to Andyo , janda or fish88 since they didnt get anything else of significant weight in addition to their typhoons.

This is crazy. Kudos to you Jeff for putting up with all this for club members. I know I didn't get in on this but that is wrong for him to turn it around like it is your fault a group buy is a mess!

You would think they would be happy to make a sale this large.

HI Jeff - that sounds very fair. and I thank you for keeping this together and expending so much effort - you saved me a lot of $$.
Please let us know the email address to which to send our payments. and and address where we can pick up our stuff when it arrives.
Again thanks very much.

GRS123 has volunteered to pay for this upfront and to handle the payment/distribution of it all. He will post his info

Back