Power Outages

Once you get back going I have some frags I can give you. That is freaking awful. Your setups were awesome when I went by your house.

And just like that, your years worth of work and money spent gone. This is why I always say, spend the $2000 on a backup power source before you spend $200 on that piece of frag. Going to be near freezing again tonight. Stay warm. Let me know when you get back up and running and need a few acro frags.

Lost power late Tuesday night, just got it back allegedly. 14 tanks, no heat or filtration for 3 days, just battery powered air pumps. Temps were whatever ambient temps were. All survived thus far, incredible. Getting a generac system ASAP. Water changes galore tonight, and this weekend.

Power is back up and running thankfully. Predator 2000 inverter generator at Harbor Freight turned out to be good for running 1 refrigerator, modem, router, charging laptops and phones, two tanks 175 gallons total with an 8 bulb t5 and heater along with 6 powerheads

I had a local electrician installed a panel transfer switch then purchased a duromax 10k dual fuel from Amazon for 1k. All in for 1600 and handles 80% of the home without issue. Highly recommend for those that can't afford things like genrac and Kohlers to look into the dual fuels.

Imagine if your hybrid vehicle had an electrical power outlet. Your car could power your house as generator. Virtually all the components are already there. Stunned this hasn't been added to them.

Ford sells a pickup truck that has a built-in generator. Forget if its the F-150 or one of the larger models.

I have a buick with a 150 watt inverter. I used an extension cord and was enough to run my pump short term. But I do have a generator to run all my tanks for long periods.

Back