Rke question

budboy

Non-member
I picked up a RKE and have the digital readout of the manual, read the thing over and over, and I still have an error message at the home screen. I'm only using the temp probe and ph probe, and on the pc4 I only have a blue line 500w heater to channel 4 and on the RKM-SL1 I have everything according and the wire from BUS 1 to PC4, sounds confusing but bare with me please, any thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

What is throwing the error? What specific thing, you can scroll through all attachments and not have the error showing
I have the temp as the large one and the ph as the smaller one

Not sure what you mean by large or small, but the error seems to be pretty big under date and time but above my temp

Now channel 4 is off, which is my heater, and my thermometer is at 75.2.

Now channel 4 is off, which is my heater, and my thermometer is at 75.2.

uploadfromtaptalk1454344606713.jpg

when I had issues with mine I think the device throwing the error would blink which was the SL1 in my case, turned out the PH probe was causing my issue.

best thing to do is systematically unplug stuff until you figure out the culprit. I have the Reef keeper Lite but I assume same principals would apply

Make sure its all updated. Like they ^ said check to see if one module is causing an error by disconnecting them one by one. Check the status lights. You could also check the Digital aquatics forum but Im sure they are just going to say factory reset the whole thing.

Will try to factory reset and see what happens.

Well no error message on display since factiry reset,and heater seems to turn on at the bottom end of temp setting, not sure of PH, since I don't have a way of testing at the moment, hope everything is allset, now I'm going to try to set my lights on the time setting.uploadfromtaptalk1454365217027.jpg

Well no error message on display since factiry reset,and heater seems to turn on at the bottom end of temp setting, not sure of PH, since I don't have a way of testing at the moment, hope everything is allset, now I'm going to try to set my lights on the time setting.View attachment 109104

Good....it was very easy. Most of the times if the factory reset don't work, then needs to go to the service.

Best
Daniel

Back