RKE - those who have one..reviews?

Mr.HaHa

Non-member
im looking into a controller for my system and although i have compared the features of the RKE V Neptune systems controllers, i still need some actual reviews on the RKE.
i know the new firmware v1.07 is out so im looking for some feedback by users.

You might want to check out the Digital aquatics forum over at reef central. It is in the sponsors section.

If you know about 1.0.7 then you obviously found their support forum. I have an RKE but unfortunately the tank it is going on it not set up yet so I can't give much in the way of a first hand experience with it actually doing its job.

They have certainly done well communicating with the early adopters and correcting the issues in a timely manner. If you're setting up a new tank and can deal with a couple of hiccups along the way then you're probably fine going for an RKE now. If you need 100% right now for tons of livestock, then probably best to wait or, unfortunately, going with something else.

The network interface module should be out by years end. Can't wait for that!

I'm one of the earlier RKE users. I've had a few minor issues with the earliest FW that were all quickly sorted-out. All-in-all my RKE has been very stable and perfromed extremely well. I had a small issue when updating to 1.07 but after a minor panic got that resolved as well. IN addition to the basic setup I added another PC4 and another SL1. In addition to running my lights, lunars, fuge, it controls my skimmer, return, closed loop, ozone, heater, fans, Ca Reactor CO2 (pH), and ATO. It also monitors system pH. I love the RKE. Can't wait for the new modules.

thanks for the feedback all. And btw i did find the DA forums but I just wanted to know what BRS members thought.

perhaps i will wait for year end. we will see. the rke will be going on an old aquarium.

thx again

ok well after much deliberation i picked up the RKE. should be here next week. also got it for 350 brand new so i couldnt say no!

I'd like to know how you like it when it arrives. Is this your first controller? $350 new in the box I thought these were $490, share how you got such a great deal.

The MLC (lunar cycle moonlight modules) are starting to ship --- at least for the early RKE buyers. Also, the NET module (the network interface) was displayed at RAP so the additional modules are due out soon.

I'd like to know how you like it when it arrives. Is this your first controller? $350 new in the box I thought these were $490, share how you got such a great deal.

live.com baby! 30% off. i got it from nanotuners. should be here this weekend.

Back