RO shutoff help!

firstimer

Non-member
i'm sure i did it right but i dont know why the waste line is still running!!

i made sure its all right. anyone around the area want to check it out for me?!?!

out of the last carbon box is the actual shutoff kit. screwings facing front. front holes. into the membrane. exit the membrane is the check valve. then this is the actual side with the "In" and "Out" label on it. goes to the barrel with the float valve.

Last edited:
The waiste line will most likely run off until the pressure goes down in the system unless u have shut offs on both ends...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2

How old is it? I have had both the ASOV and the check valve fail. Now, when i have that issue, i just replace both together. As long as it is hooked up correctly, the waste should shut off within 15 seconds. You will see the pressure on your guage drop to 0. If it is dropping but not all the way, you have a bad check valve or your ASOV is bad.

Do you have a pressure guage? If so, watch it. When you close the permeate line (via float valve i assume) does the pressure lower? If not, then you may have the ASOV hooked up wrong. If it does lower, but not all the way, then i would suspect either to be bad. Also, maybe the check valve is not strong enough for the pressure.

Back