Roe's Marine World

Dave McReeferson

laurifer crustulum
I think, technically, being involved with the leadership of the club, I am not supposed to post my vendor experiences on the site. But, I feel, being a BRS member in addition to being involved in the clubs leadership, I have an obligation to share a recent experience of mine to possibly prevent others from experiencing the same. I will therefore post only the facts, and leave you to draw your own conclusions and make your own judgments (please do not discuss these conclusions and judgments within this forum, as it would violate the forum specific rules)...

On February 14th, Roe's Marine World (RMW) posted for sale some very nice Micromussa frags, I eagerly (and somewhat greedily :rolleyes:) placed an order for a few multi polyp frags that evening. I was informed that the frags would require 1-2 weeks to heal up before they could ship them out to me.

Two weeks came and went, no Micro's, no E-mails, no calls.

On March 12th, I was finally contacted by RMW via E-mail, letting me know that there had been some unforeseen issues and the Micro's were not in yet. I called RMW the next day to clarify what exactly was going on, and it then became apparent that RMW had not yet even received the mother colonies to frag for sale. They had offered for sale, accepted my money for, and promised delivery for something they did not even yet have in their possession. While I was somewhat perturbed by this, and the fact they had not apprised me of the situation when the originally promised delivery date had come and went, he (Tyrone) seemed to me to be offering a plausible excuse for the delay as well as what seemed to be honest apology's, and assured me (when asked directly) that the pictures I had seen on his site were indeed pictures of the mother colonies from which my frags would be taken. He went on to tell me that he believed the issues delaying shipment to him were cleared up, and he would know at the latest by Monday (the 17th) what was up and be able to let me know what to expect. He offered to refund my money at this time if I liked, but, I accepted his apology's and told him "no thanks" I would wait and see what happened as I was looking forward to receiving those corals.

The 17th came and went.

Today, March 27th, I called RMW and was directed to their voicemail. I left a message stating who I was, why I was calling (to check on my order status), my phone number (repeated twice), and a request that they call me back. I received instead an E-mail, in which he stated "I will know something definite tomorrow evening and if we can not ship by next Thursday, I will refund your credit card".

I declined to wait, asked for my money to be refunded, and he complied (though I have not yet verified the transaction).

End of story (hopefully).

Please, before posting a reply in this thread, re-read the red text at the top of this post. :) Thank you.

I too was buying some acans from Roes marine world
and can attest to Dave's story.

i had a few more issues though.

I kept emailing Roes trying find out what was going on after three weeks and hearing nothing.
I left three telephone messages and heard nothing.
Finally a week later i tried calling and Tyronne answered stating the story that dave mentioned. He claimed that he had been emailing me and there must be something amiss with my email.
I believed he answered at this time because he felt he had positive news

Well i called and left another message today asking for a refund and asking him to call me back.
he did not even have the balls to call me back he just sent me an email saying he had refunded my money.
Guess what ,,, i guess my email was working after all:rolleyes::mad:

I have had several experience with other drygoods vendors recently who list things in stock when they are not,they do not tell you when you check out,i won't go into those instances here but that aggrevates me no end also.
But to be selling corals you don't even have takes the cake IMO.

Edited. Per the forum rules: Just state your personal experiences with the vendor in question - in this case Roe's Marine World. If you want to offer advice or discuss, please start a thread in Reef Talk or send a PM. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had similar issues with tyronne at Roes...

I bought a duncan when the craze was in....He sold the duncan I had sealed online with payment... (than told me when I contacted him about shipping...that he had sold that one already...)Then offered me a similar sized duncan ...well.,..with an extra head...for three times the money!!! Claimed they were extremely hard to get & he didn't know when he would get more & it was his last one he had available.......I told him I was in the BRS....he gave me an attitude & said he didn't care...(also said he wasn't going to feel like I was leaning on him with my club!!) I never bothered to post it here as it was quite some time ago.... (date back to when duncans were hard to get & very very expensive)....Since this thread was started I figured I would post my experince as well.....

Bottom line...he lost!!!!!!Because of my experience I will no longer deal with him.....I don't care how rare the coral is & how hard to get it is......I'm done

Back