Flying Fish & Urchin Roe? Pooled Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
compared to the other ingredients i used a relatively small amount of it. it does cloud the water though.

I would be in for this group buy as well for both components. Would people be interesed in both getting the small and the larger roe(tobiko & capelin roe)?

Okay, here's what I think we have:

Uni & Tobikko
--------------
Moe
Seasno
jAKE
Scavdog (need confirmation)
nichols41
DLCanuck
Shallowwaters

Tobikko Only
------------
joefitz
Armando
nunofs
~Flighty~

To make this easy, it will be $15 for each person that wants both items and $8 for Tobikko only.

I have to call the supplier and work out details, but since this is not a lot of money, I hope that you can trust me on getting as much as I can for you money. I'll confirm one last time with what we can get.

Mark

And, yes Starrfish, the urchin eggs seem to cloud the water, but my phosphates have always remained virtually zero. So I never worried about it.

Mark
Sorry haven't been following this thread. I would like Uni and Tobikko. Would like to pay $15 at meeting on the 18th if that is ok.

Bill

Mark - is it too late to get in on this? That cloudy urchin sh*t is awesome! My corals polyp out like crazy for it. I'll take the tobiko and the urchin if it's not too late.

Thanks,
Daire

See, THAT's what I'm talkin' about. Uni kicks. :D

I'm sure it clouds the Barrier Reef too.

I have a call into the company that will harvest the Uni tomorrow morning. Based on what they save for us as unprocessed uni, I will know how much we can get.

I plan on placing the order tomorrow. You're in!

This Pooled Order Now Closed

Uni & Tobikko
--------------
Moe
Seasno
jAKE
Scavdog
nichols41
DLCanuck
Shallowwaters
Reef55

Tobikko Only
------------
joefitz
Armando
nunofs
~Flighty~
cbadrik

Everybody will get approximately 1 lb. of fresh Uni and I'll post the rest of the details later.

If you will not pick up you goods on Saturday, please arrange pickup and payment by somebody else. Cash only please, no PayPal.

Is anyone going to the meeting from the north shore? If so I would be very appreciative if they wouldn't mind picking up my food. I would be willing to compensate for the pickup with a frag. Shoot me an email if interested

Last edited:
If anyone for some unknown reason backs out I would be glad to take any left-overs.
All this talk makes me want some sushi. Hey why not get a little for me and a little for my tank :)

Starrfish - you're in! Sorry I didn't list you.
Brandon - Let's see how things dibby up or if somebody else drops out. I'll try to get you some.

Bad News Everybody

I am sorry to report that Fedex had a problem at their Memphis hub and our shipment got stuck. I was notified by the supplier that the eggs would not arrive until Saturday afternoon, so I cancelled the order. I didn't want to risk the quality/freshness and have to freeze everything and hold it for a month.

We can try again next month and I can place the order with another day grace period.

I feel terrible for all of those urchins that sacrified for nothing...or were sacrificed.

Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back