Safety

budboy

Non-member
After reading a horror story and lots of thought and constant checking, I want to upgrade my power strip from the digital coralife power strips, to something exactly the same and a lot safer, my tank is in a slot where I kinda have to keep them in the stand or behind. Any ideas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

APEX controller!

Or any decent quality power strip and a separate decent quality digital timer. Home Depot, @ $35.

What you need is a METAL power strip that won't melt.

You may want to consider the extreme weather mechanical heavy duty timer sold in Homedepot. I use them.

Just be careful and to be safe don't get the type with a built in timer their are others sold by names other than Coralife but made by the same Co. As said, a good heavy duty one is more money but cheaper than your house, I just purchased a heavy duty one at McMaster I paid about $80 for it but it has a switch for each of the 8 outlets, others are available without all switches for less but the same quality.

Jim

What you need is a METAL power strip that won't melt.

This. Metal with individually wired outlets (ie, not a string of outlet holes, but individually raised outlets along the strip). Not a surge protector.

Been thinking about a apex power bar with controller, but not to familiar with something like that, I only run a fowlr system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Back