saved this awsome acan from death !!

gsxr750

Non-member
Hey everyone ..I was picking up some Corals from a reefers house (a while back )and he was tossing some dying Corals in the garbage and spotted this guy on his was in the trash and scooped him up ..its made a full recovery from a tiny pice of flesh ..it was brown and getting covered in hair alge ..its now in my top 3 favorite Corals in my tank ..I am now growing him out to share with some other reefers ..

ImageShrink_13834499887116.jpg

Few weeks of spot feeding and this is what it looked like

Awesome - good thing you snagged him and recognized his potential.

I NEVER throw out skeletons until they have been completely bare for a minimum of one month for this very reason. =]
And even then, when I "throw them out" they just go in my sump, which has a light anyways so there's still the chance of grow back.

Very nice catch! Telling by the algae growth on it, wonder if it either couldn't get enough light, or was just smothered in general by algae and maybe sickened by poor water quality.

This is an an awesome acan. The colors are amazing. I cant believe the complete 180 of this acan. This thing is such a nice coral good job bud

Looks like acan echinatia (spelling?)
Make sure you give it plenty of room, the one I had had crazy sweepers

Thanks guys ...yes I got it from scott who got it from Richard and Richard told me it was a maxima too ..its beautiful in person and has huge heads ..I haven't had any issues with crazy sweepers yet but will keep an eye out for them ..

Thanks devon you always loved this thing since day 1 lol...

Looks like orange crush to me too. But idk the difference between maxima & "enchilada" lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

The heads are almost twice the size of crush or enchiladas but I know the maximas are only found in one tiny spot where harvesting is restricted so iam not to sure what it is

Back