Sick Wrasse

Rgbpixels

Non-member
My wrasse is not doing well. He only swims in a vertical position and often is lying down and the back half of his body doesn’t move. I don’t want him to suffer but I don’t have the heart to end his misery. Any thoughts.
898803bc4fa592ce2f73ec2669e74a35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t look like t has a tail fin. Is that just the picture?

Also as Chris A said. That wrasse probably needs a sand bed to sleep in and that might be stressing the crap out of it.

It doesn’t look like t has a tail fin. Is that just the picture?

Also as Chris A said. That wrasse probably needs a sand bed to sleep in and that might be stressing the crap out of it.

Yup it is in QT. He has been fine up until a week or so. Not sure what happened. My only guess was he tried jumping out of the tank (it has a lid) and he got hurt. The picture is not great, he has a tail fin.

I’ve had that same wrasse and he refused sand. He preferred to hide in the rock and make the slime cocoon like some wrasses do.

After qt I placed him in the dt after lights out. I saw him in the corner bent in half Like he was crippled. Fearing the worst I put him back in the qt where he stayed in that condition for a couple days. Then one day he was swimming normally. No idea why it was like that for a few days.

My guess at the time was maybe the salinity was a bit off and he was shocked somehow.

I’ve had that same wrasse and he refused sand. He preferred to hide in the rock and make the slime cocoon like some wrasses do.

After qt I placed him in the dt after lights out. I saw him in the corner bent in half Like he was crippled. Fearing the worst I put him back in the qt where he stayed in that condition for a couple days. Then one day he was swimming normally. No idea why it was like that for a few days.

My guess at the time was maybe the salinity was a bit off and he was shocked somehow.

So strange. I’ll keep an eye on him. Thank you.

I don’t know. His color looks good. No visible parasites or injury. Can probably put it in the “ wrasses do weird sh**” category but I would make sure it has some hiding spots in the QT. At least some pvc pipe and elbows scattered around.

Back