Skimmer pump help please

zax_papa

I miss my reef
My euro reef skimmer pump is seized, how can I mod a Mag 7 to run the skimmer......or can I?

No clue on the Mag 7 mod.

I assume you have taken it apart and given it the vinegar clean.

Mine began having trouble starting up (after the sump ran dry during a biz trip ..another story) ... it then stopped altogether ... I called Euro Reef ... talked to a real person ... he figured a part was warped ... ordered it up for a couple of bucks and it worked.

If the prop will turn when most of "interface" is off ... there could be hope for a quick fix. Might be worth giving Euro-Reef a call.

Yes, in vinegar overnight. The pump had been cleaned not too long ago. Im afraid it is simply a seized motor.
My question is about modding the Mag7 somehow, is it possible?
I'd like to know before buying the "right" pump

No clue on the Mag 7 mod.

I assume you have taken it apart and given it the vinegar clean.

Mine began having trouble starting up (after the sump ran dry during a biz trip ..another story) ... it then stopped altogether ... I called Euro Reef ... talked to a real person ... he figured a part was warped ... ordered it up for a couple of bucks and it worked.

If the prop will turn when most of "interface" is off ... there could be hope for a quick fix. Might be worth giving Euro-Reef a call.
Good call. Thanks. But the "spindal" doesnt move (even with pliers) :eek:

Back