Skimmer suggestions

Josh387

BRS Member
Hello, I’m in the process of building a 300 gallon shark pond and I was looking for what skimmers people suggest. I’ve just not worked with any massive skimmers and I’m not sure what to go with

I know @Spaceman runs a big shark reef, he's got a Royal exclusive alpha 250. There's definitely some others who run XL skimmers around here.

I am happy with my reef octopus 250 int on my close to 300 gallon display

I am happy with my reef octopus 250 int on my close to 300 gallon display

Bigger is better imo I have a royal exclusive 250 with red dragon pump and there the bees knees but I also have a reef octopus 5000 similar to Mike's regal and works great just a little louder but in my basement I don't care.. its nice to have a back up.. I am upgrading to a 1000g system because sadly 300 is not really big enough for a full size shark. That tank I will be running a reeflo commercial and it's huge! Picture is reef octopus next to reeflo

Attachments

• 20230414_183055.jpg
    20230414_183055.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 70
Bigger is better imo I have a royal exclusive 250 with red dragon pump and there the bees knees but I also have a reef octopus 5000 similar to Mike's regal and works great just a little louder but in my basement I don't care.. its nice to have a back up.. I am upgrading to a 1000g system because sadly 300 is not really big enough for a full size shark. That tank I will be running a reeflo commercial and it's huge! Picture is reef octopus next to reeflo
That thing is HUGE!!!

Back