Tank hit 86 yesterday!

^^^ This guy knows ;) We have the same tanks, same central air setups hahaha
How's the tank doing bud?

Tank doing great. Have bit of a hair algae issue but not too severe. Little tuffs in cracks of rocks that I brush out weekly. Phosphates in check so just dealing with it. My condo has central air so I never worry about temp issues. Set thermostat at 77°F and tank never going above 80°F the entire season. Can't figure out why you'd have a chiller in the room with the aquarium. The air coming out of the chiller is 20°F above ambient so the tank, chiller and room temp are fighting constantly. If I didn't have central air I'd just put a 5,000 btu a/c in the window of the room with the aquarium and I can enjoy the benefits too.

Tank doing great. Have bit of a hair algae issue but not too severe. Little tuffs in cracks of rocks that I brush out weekly. Phosphates in check so just dealing with it. My condo has central air so I never worry about temp issues. Set thermostat at 77°F and tank never going above 80°F the entire season. Can't figure out why you'd have a chiller in the room with the aquarium. The air coming out of the chiller is 20°F above ambient so the tank, chiller and room temp are fighting constantly. If I didn't have central air I'd just put a 5,000 btu a/c in the window of the room with the aquarium and I can enjoy the benefits too.

Yeah I made the chiller mistake once and never again. Central air is best. I have the exact same algae issue and scenarios. Sounds like we have the exact same tanks and setups more or less! Hah.

To add to this thread though, I can tell people that if you leave your sump doors open on hot days, it honestly does make a difference.

Back