Tank hit 87.0 today

smcnally

Tankless
I forgot to put the AC on before I left for work :eek: . Everything seems fine and the temp has been slowly lowering.

Well, the AC will be on every day now. Everything still looks fine. I was expecting to at least see some polyps retracted.

IME, as long as the tank is fairly stable in other respects (chemistry etc) etc. You can survive a heat spike in some cases.

Not when you see your electric bill though

Don't even go there! hehe. My chiller is a 1/2 horse!

Ignorance is bliss!

I got home and found my tank at 79.9 house temp 75 and outside 88...So I am happy, I opened the canopy and added a 3rd fan...

I came home and was also glad to find my tank at 80.5 :)
Only ran 2 of the 3 250 watt MH's
redface.gif

I am so amazed that everything looks as it normally does. Tested my params and everything looks good too! Holy crap...I just realized I broke 1,000 posts.

congrats big mouth :) You can see I have no room to talk! Im glad your tank is doing good.

Kevin McG said:
I came home and was also glad to find my tank at 80.5 :)
Only ran 2 of the 3 250 watt MH's
redface.gif

I have been running only 2 of my 3 250 MH as well. I notice a huge difference in the stability of the temp since starting to do that. My temp stays around 81 degrees in the worst of the heat over the past week.

Tam

My tank is actually experiencing winter conditions! The tank is located in the basement near the furnace. So in the winter, my tank is warmed by the furnace (same room), but now, especially with hot water coming off the electric tank, my tank tops out at 77-78?. I don't have a heater, so I am actually concerned it is getting too cold in the morning.

Today I got home at 6:00PM and my tank was at 85.5 and the AC was off at the room, that is not the first time that my tank hit 85+, and everything looks ok :eek: :eek: ;)

basement sump = nice cooler tank IMO anyway ;)
I have actually started changing ocer my light cycle seeeing i am not going to be here went from T5 on at 8 MH on at 11
off at 10 MH off at 8

to T5 now on at 7 of at 8 MH on at 10 off at 7

working towards nite hours for when I leave on from 7pm to 7 am basically less chance of heat issues I think or at least hope

My whole setup is in the basement. The high today was 83.7. It came down 1.5 degrees with a frozen 2 liter. I don't even have a canopy.........

When I had my tank on the main floor, I had 2 fans in the canopy and one across the surface. The tank temp was usually about 10? warmer than the room temp.
What has helped with my tank in the basement is a larger sump (no lights) and no canopy. Now my tank temp is about 5? warmer than room temp. I don't understand why my basement temp is still only 72?, but it is. I have a feeling my basement temp is going to rise when the surrounding gound warms later in the summer.

Back