wart lips

Piscevore

elsewhere
Oh man.

I helped work on a tank this weekend, involving various siphoning procedures, and at some point, I must have put something near my face that was not pleasing to my epidermis.

I have small bumps on my lips, similiar to fever blisters or poison ivy. Ichy, swollen, not altogether painful, but certainly uncomfortable. I haven't been to the doc yet, if it gets any worse, I'll have to go. The worst one is right on the tip of my nose ;)

If it stays on my lips, eh, no making out, I'll live. If it spreads to my whole face they're going to have to give me valium to prevent me from lopping off my head....

What's up with that? I've siphoned water out of my tank by mouth countless times. That's a bummer. You didn't rub any zoos on your face, did you? :D Are you sure you were going to help your aunt? :cool: I still haven't gotten the corals back up on the rock work. I've been a little under the weather the past couple of days, just in case your wondering why no pics yet. I did find the six line though, he popped out of a rock when I was removing the eel from the 100g tub.

Piscevore said:
I helped work on a tank this weekend, involving various siphoning procedures, and at some point, I must have put something near my face that was not pleasing to my epidermis.

Translation: I sucked dirty tank water with my mouth :D

Nuno

Have you been kissing Jango's frogfish?

Post pics and I'll have Casey look at it. (mostly I just want to see you with a wart on your nose :p)

Don't wait. At least get some antibiotics going to fight the infection. Good excuse to
get out of work early anyway. ;)

I doubt antibiotics are what you're after. Sounds more viral than anything else. Maybe if you're lucky it's just a chemical irritation.

This is why siphoning by mouth is always a no-no. I've known some people that got serious gum infections that required some kind of pasty antibiotic for a couple weeks. :p

Yuk! I'm glad it was you sucking on the end of that hose and not me. :D Don, did you have some kind of bug?? What a motley crew - barfing and wart noses. I hope they aren't catchy! ;)

daire, you HAD to say "sucking on hose" didn't you... you'll note I tried to -avoid- that langauge in MY post :)

One of the good tips I have been given is to simply place the siphon hose end at the discharge end of the return line or power head to start the flow.

Jim

Jim Tansey said:
One of the good tips I have been given is to simply place the siphon hose end at the discharge end of the return line or power head to start the flow.

Jim

Or, you could just plug the pump in that was at the other end of the hose! :D Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Back