Whose never been to a meeting?

I havent been to a meeting and would if meetings were held?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wakefield is another 15 minutes for us than Waltham another 10 to park. will be nice to alternate to different areas and get some more people involved.

I think the idea to move meetings around is great idea it will give just about everybody chance to have a meeting in there neck of the woods

Just to clarify, apparently I misunderstood the emails I had received from Emily. We do infact pay $500 for the Sheraton regardles of whether we get food. The room is $500 without food or $250 if we order $250 of food. Crooks. :) Sorry Moe for creating any confusion.

I'm sure there are an assortment of other places that can be used for less money then a Hotel, and then have 4 people run out and pick up 25 pizzas.
(Elks, Church halls, small businesses that might have meeting rooms that they would be willing to donate the use of... etc.)

Wakefield is great, but the size is too small, and the parking is horrible.
The Hotel is imho a luxury that isn't necessary and is simply wasted BRS money.

I'm not as active as many of you, so my voice isn't as loud... but what's the goal here? To pick a good central location? To pick a convient place (in both parking and size?)

-Mike

Last edited:
RobboT said:
BTW, Moe you've been the only vocal person on the site lately. Have you "unresigned"?
Nope. Not unresigned at all.
Maybe folks have stuff going on in real life? It happens (I hear). :p

Last edited:
IMO, alternating locations would reduce the number of attendees up to 50%. Probably NH-border folks would not attend a RI-border meeting and vice versa. Is this what we're trying to accomplish?

Armando said:
IMO, alternating locations would reduce the number of attendees up to 50%. Probably NH-border folks would not attend a RI-border meeting and vice versa. Is this what we're trying to accomplish?
Yeah, that's the idea. Shop it around to lessen the driving.

Armando said:

I don't think it reduce attendees at all. We travel a 1 to 1 1/2 hours all the time to go to meetings & it be nice not have have to once in awhile. after the meeting we check out LFS , it give us a to find things & chak out some stores

I think it would be a fair thing to do , give everybody (most) a meeting in their neck of the woods

Armando said:

So RI people, Cape Cod people, Westerners wouldnt go to Wakefield? They do but maybe some time they shouldnt have to but north shore and NH people should.

makes no sense.

If you go to all meetings, alternating locations or having all meetings in a central location would result in equal travelling distance. Do the math.

you just dont get it
dizzy.gif

alternating locations will draw some new people in those areas that dont go to all the meetings but would if a meeting was conducted in their general area. other die hards would go to most regardless where they were held. Unless everyone lived along the circumference of the circle surrounding the 'central' location it wouldn't be equalled travelling distance. does that help?

No. Let me give you an example. Let's say someone lives in... Fairhaven :D

If we have two meetings in Boston then the total distance travelled (one way) would be:

2x60miles = 120 miles

Now if, instead, we have one meeting in Nashua NH and the second meeting in Fall River, the total distance travelled would be:

100 miles (Fairhaven-Nashua) + 18 miles (Fairhaven-Fall River) = 118 miles

So this member would have (approximately) travelled in total the same distance and there would be no difference on having both meetings in Boston or one in Nashua and another in Fall River.

And just to help the argument along, if said member responds that he would go to the meeting in Fall River but not the one in Nashua then the attendance of the meetings are reduced :D

Armando sounds like you don't like the idea because you live in Boston & if the meetings are moved around you would have to travel further. How long have you had the meetings in your back yard . It's time other people have them in there back yard

assumptions are everyone will always go. there are many 'members' who dont go because of travel distances, extra time, baby sitters who knows. fresh blood, fresh frags. Some old may not go some new may go. same place all the time would have some members a mile to travel, others 20, others 60 ALL the time, fair? I think not. if the aim is to make it convienent for a 'core' group then keep it in one area. Maybe new clubs should be formed and everyone can have an opportunity to be involved.

Mike I never said I didn't like the idea. But I can see getting closer and closer the day when the club will have to split in three, one club for each state. (and I am not saying I like or dislike this idea either).

No need to split ,we have a great group & if we move meetings around i think we will grow bigger & have more happy members

Back