Why am I not shown as a paid member

besl

Non-member
I paid my BRS renewal via PayPal immediately after I received the email notification advising me that it was now due. So, why is my name shown in BLUE and not GREEN - of course this means that I no longer have certain access as a Paid Member (e.g. certain BRS forums are not vsible as a non-paid memeber) - that's not fair. HELP!!!!

The blue/green setting isn't done by BRS admins. You have to set it manually. Go to User CP in the top left, click on Group memberships, pick Paid member, and select "Identify me as a member of this group." Done.

I don't see anything that says Group Memberships...I'm a paying member to the BRS and I had no idea i was supposed to be green ...

Last edited:
I am having the same problem and have gotten no resolve. Not that it's a big deal but hey I paid my dues and I wanna be green.:)

Ok, I checked the link provided by delta (thank you for the info) and I am not even listed as a memer any more... and all those flowery posts I've left for BRS mods and BOD... jk... I still think this is the best reef forum/club on the net... I PMd PenMan Paul and I will await resolution... I have read so many issues with this and thought this would have been fixed long time ago and was surprised to see the additional issues with paid membership in the thread above... I know you guys do this for love of the hobby, but there has got to be a better way to manage continuity of memebrship status.

Yes Moe I pm'd penman. This was the response.

"I have emailed the web committee on this for you. Paypal sign ups are supposed to be automatically added the web membership database. I do show that you paid on July 31 and I show that I mailed your card. That should be end on my part on the paperwork. I do not have access to the web database. Please confirm that you did get the card."

I Then confirmed that I have the card. Like I said It's not a big deal I just wanna be green.

So I'm not on the list but I have my card in my pocket, just received it in the mail about 2 weeks ago...Should I bother pming PenMan? seems like he is trying to fix this without me pestering him... <sings in Kermit the Frog voice> "It's not easy being green" sorry couldn't resist....lol

I just pm'd him I paid the last meeting and my name is also not on the list.

When you PM Paul "PenMan" if you include this info it will aid in speeding things along.

1. Real Name
2. Username spelled correctly with spaces and punctuation
3. Date and year the membership expires
4. type of membership (single, primary family, or secondary on family membership)
5. Include how you signed-up\Renewewd (meeting or online)

Last edited:
Any idea on how long it takes to get this fixed? I posted on BRS (per this thread)... thanks to your input I sent PenMan a PM with my information... and, I am still not shown as a paid member... I do know that my MasterCard had no problem processing my PayPal membership payment... any further thoughts on this?

Any idea on how long it takes to get this fixed? I posted on BRS (per this thread)... thanks to your input I sent PenMan a PM with my information... and, I am still not shown as a paid member... I do know that my MasterCard had no problem processing my PayPal membership payment... any further thoughts on this?

Have you changed your status in the user cp section?

I like how all i have to do is take a quick peek, if us blues are still blue...I know it's not taken care of yet lol because once it's fixed I'm sure one of you will be green asap :D

yup i know, in other words, once it's fixed then the others that aren't will be green and I'll know that I can go change it too (I pmed PenMan too) did you read the whole post?

Back