Why am I not shown as a paid member

I'm back! Well I never really left, but I am now listed again on the BRS membership roster... ta-dah!

Thanks PenMan for helping me out on this.

BRS BOD - there gotta be a better way to handle membership renewals - frustrating for members and too disruptive for mods and bod members to administer - IMHO (of course the numerous tag alongs to my post may add credence to this input).

I will now await receipt of my new paid up membership card - that is in the mail, right?

I don't speak for the group but having spent a LOT of time dealing with these issues on behalf of the club I can say that there are a lot of factors that complicate what is seemingly a simple task.

I do hope to be able to help solve the 'bigger' problems relating to membership but unfortunately I just haven't found the time to do so.

One point I'd also like to mention is that we're a tiny group with not paid staff. I know this is said all the time in response to these issues but look at how long it takes many BIG non-profits to sort out membership -- the NEAQ and Museum of Science can take 6-8 weeks...and they have paid staff to do it!

That said, I still do believe we can do a much better job...I think there are some technical issues we need to sort out and a few modifications to the system (which I'll have to code) that will put the power of managing the online membership information into the hands of the people doing it at meetings.

Back