Worse Week Of My Life

RogerO

Non-member
This has been the worse week of my life?
Overnight I lost my fully stock 90 gallon SPS plus my frag tank where I had the small frags and colonies, i would said close to 150 kind of SPS
It seen like the chiller trip the breaker for some unknown reason.
By the time that I find out it was to late...
The Aqua controller register temp of 92.
It?s is so sad most of this corals I had it for almost 6 years.
I may take a break from the hobby until I get more strength to start all over again.
Since I never has catastrophic lost like this one.
It?s so sad to see a beautiful tank diminish overnight.
This is something that you don?t want to happen to anyone in this hobby.
I had given Frag too few people and I hope I can get those frag back.
Eventually I would like to start all over again but right now I can't I?m too devastated over this.

you can see some pics over here...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5511340#post5511340

Sorry to hear about that.
Hope you feel better and build up your reef agian soon. I'm currently rebuilding mine too as of today everything is bleached.

Oh no! That is terrible.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you rebuild. I don't have any fancy sps, but the blue milli and orange digita colored up nice and are growing.

WOW sorry to see this. Things can go so bad in such a short time. I hope you can get things back soon.

I'm really sorry to hear about this. (speaking from disasterous experience myself) Dont throw in the towel! After loosing all my corals in the huricane outages last year I sold my whole 46 bow setup, thinking I would never get back into it. I kept a 2 gal at work for 1 coral. 3 months later I was depressed I sold it all off and started over with a 10.

Once you've had something so pretty you cant give it up even for a little while. I'm sure everyone you gave frags too can pitch in and give you one back. This time it will be better than ever!

Really sorry to hear that Roger. :(

Give it a week to think it over before you make any drastic decisions. I was fairly convinced I didn't want to start over again after I lost all my corals almost a year ago, but after a few weeks I started over again, and I'm now happier than ever with my new and improved reef.

Good luck,
Nate

I hope it doesn't hurt for to long.a lot of us know from own castastrophies..I have had 2 major crash's in 1 year and thought for sure I was done.Nope! It's all to beautiful.
Roger do come back sometime as the pics are of an awesome tank.You have the touch.take care!

Roger that sucks!

bleach all the skeletons and sell them on ebay... you can get some money back i bet..people love dead stonies... or crush them up and use them in the calcium reactor when you start back up .. that might be good too..

but that sucks ... just think how many people have frags from your colonies ..i know i had at least 3-4 so that means that probably 10-15 people had frags from my colonies so there are at least 30-60 colonies out there that were started by you ..just from my tank! i bet when you get it back up people will donate frags to get you back up and running. that was a beautiful tank too! My sympathies to you.

Oh man ...

Roger, they say that misery loves company. I came back from two weeks in Maine to a tank full of dead and dying acros. Same as you, some of them I've had for many years.

I still haven't figured out what happened. The GFCI upstairs behind the tank had tripped and there was no lights or powerheads for at least 7-10 days, but everything in the basement (chiller, ca reactor, return pumps) were all running fine. Temp when I got home was 80. Water levels were ok - I am stumped.

Anyway,

I know exactly how you feel (Unfortunately).

Roger, that's horrible. I'm sorry to hear that. Your SPS were beautiful.
I'm sure you're devastated over this. But once you re-build the tank, I'm sure your next tank will be as beautiful or even better.

I'm so sorry Roger. That is a definate nightmare in this hobby.

Take a deep breathe!

You know you can count on me (and friends) for frags.

Thank a lot for guys for the encouraged words.
it feel like nightmare.
i still can't beleived what happen, but life goes on.
i will get back on and hopefully one day my tank the tank will get as beatiful as it used to be.
Thank Lam and the Rest of the guys.

Roger,

I've seen similar scenarios happen to friends, and I can't imagine how traumatic it is to experience first-hand. You have a frag waiting for you when you decide to rebuild.

Best of luck,

Joe

NateHanson said:
Really sorry to hear that Roger. :(

Give it a week to think it over before you make any drastic decisions. I was fairly convinced I didn't want to start over again after I lost all my corals almost a year ago, but after a few weeks I started over again, and I'm now happier than ever with my new and improved reef.

Good luck,
Nate

Im with Nate on this one, you always have ideas of how to improve your reef, now you can do them! :) Sorry for the loss, Im sure lots of people will donate frags if you get back up and running.

Damn that really stinks.

Maybe you can use all the skeletons as LR rubble ... (atleast you get something out of it..)

Back