Zoapox are bad..... mmmk?

susyq458

Non-member
So my beloved zoas are sick. And I mean sick and denial is not just a river in Egypt. I saw some closing up in the main system and figured some water changes and flow change would fix it. Nope, they got worse and now I see spots on the frags in the basement too. Thankfully, this is contained to the Main tank. My 29 and 90 are fine.

I am going to do two treatments of Furan-2 before Macna and we'll see how it goes. Anyone have experience with this?
http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php

Here are my Bam Bams before:
oraworaskirt.jpg

And here they are now:
zoapox.jpg

Yes, I do. The problem is you can't do it in the tank, so you need to remove every zoa, or else when you put the treated ones back in the tank they will just get it again. My plan is to take them out of my nano and frag tank, treat them several times more than recommended in a 10 gallon QT, then put them in my new 92. It does work though, mine looked great for a few weeks after treatment.

Yeah, I am taking all the healthy zoas out of the 29 and putting them in the 90. Then I'm going to do a big water change on the 29 and move the sick zoas to that as a QT tank after I treat them in the morning. Here's hoping they bounce back. I have a ton of zoa frags in the main system but I have several in the 29 which is stand alone so even if we lose some from the main, I have some back ups. This is all just so depressing to watch though.

I was at susy's house this past weekend and it's just horrifying to see all those beautiful zoas withering away. Can really put a damper on this hobby.
I wish you luck susy.

That is an awesome link!! The progress from that fellow reefer's treatments is everything you could ask for!!! I would have guessed before reading it that it is some kind of fungus....Hope the treatment works for ya. It looks legitiment & from my longtime experience with freshwater/swfo etc etc....Those meds work on fungul & bacterial problems well!!! (that is if the affected specimen can handle the treatment) which seams certain by the progressed pics of treatment !!!
Good Luck ;)
B

I just read the whole write up at zoa id very informative and coupled with seeing it in person I know what to look for.

I'm sorry to here about your zoas. But it does work. I have some pills left over if you want them. my zoas are still in recovering stage. The only thing I see is the color of the zoas are not the same hope that is going to change in the next couple of weeks. I found and read the same article. But I do think the fresh water dip helped and current direct blast from a 400maxjet 106 gph around 6" away. I also did lugols Kent iodine before and removed what I could with a dental scraper you can pick up at cvs. Good Luck

Back