check out RC TOTM - economical to run

Economical? lol....Wow is all I can say....I wonder what a non economical tank is to this guy? I pretty tired of the super huge TOTM's. I understand that these tanks are great and all but does anyone really relate to them?

Economical? lol....Wow is all I can say....I wonder what a non economical tank is to this guy? I pretty tired of the super huge TOTM's. I understand that these tanks are great and all but does anyone really relate to them?

2100 gallons is huge. i cant even fathom that type of volume.

i agree with you too, where is the economical part of his tank?

however, it is extremely impressive.

It's a beautiful reef and I am definitely jealous, but his setup is anything but energy efficient. With 14 250/400W MH pendants and
"Three dedicated electrical circuits service the aquarium; I had over 144 electrical outlets wired throughout the room.", how could it be"?

Had to cut corners somewhere so the front has a stone wall barn door look to it. Other than that he's got OCD worse than me, I'm jealous.

its nice but its more like a tank youd see in an aquarium rather than a home. What happen to the 75g or 120g TOTM?

"perhaps most importantly, I did not want to spend time away from my family just to clean an aquarium"

Hehe I like to clean the tank to get away from the family... Am I the only one?!:confused:

Says he's not a millionaire, yet he puts a 2400 s.f. addition to house the tank. :eek: 2400 s.f. is biger than my house!
Says it's energy efficient, yet he's got 14 MH pendants. Cost of those lights alone will run him over $300/mo.
If he's not a millionaire, he's got some serious financial issues :D

Gorgeous tank. I follwed a huge thread over there about it a while back. Has a nice stingray in there too. I'm surprised it's not mentioned. Sick build! And yeah, I'd say he has a little bit of money to run that thing

Wtf......

I am with everyone that would like to see a TOTM that the average person could afford. These monster takes are crazy, don't get me wrong they are really impressive but not everyone has a budget that is endless.

This guy aggravates me with his "Because I am not a millionaire" comment. I am calling BULL****, I have a ten gallon nano with a 10 gallon fuge and I know how much I have in that system.

I couldn't find a credible site to back this up but I believe the average house in America is ~2,300 square feet, so if that is correct he added more space for his reef tank than the average American has for total living space.

Sorry for the rant, but this guy is a little pompous for me.

I couldn't find a credible site to back this up but I believe the average house in America is ~2,300 square feet, so if that is correct he added more space for his reef tank than the average American has for total living space.

That is TWICE the square feet of my house!!!

"
Hehe I like to clean the tank to get away from the family... Am I the only one?!:confused:

My question is, how do I get my family to clean the tank(s)? :D

Our entire apartment, not including the basement, is less than 800sqft! Admittedly the entire house is closer to 4,500sqft. Crap. His addition is half the size of our three family house???! :eek:

I think what he means by 'economical' to run is he only has 2.83W/gallon (assuming half 250W and half 400W) compared to a smaller tank - say 2 250w on a 90 which works out to 5.5w/gallon. See? His tank is twice as efficient!

Back