Kangaroo 324 Dosing Pumps

Noel

Non-member
If your looking for a dosing pump at a very reasonable price, that has a 30 day guarantee and has been cleaned, checked for operation and recalibrated (at least mine where). I've arranged a "group buy" for you, all you need to do if you want one is call and place an order.

The price is $50.00 each + Shipping. They accept Visa and MasterCard. Please note that these are USED pumps, cosmetic appearance may vary.

Philip Stuemke
NOVATEK Medical
8589 N. 300th St.
Altamont, IL 62411
618-483-9198
888-756-3047

Let him know that I referred you. Pumps may be in limited supply, but he indicates that they get these in all of the time.

The nice thing about the Kangaroo pumps is that they were and still are in wide-spread use throughout the US medical system and parts, bags/pump-sets etc. are readily available.

He also can supply the pump sets but I didn't buy mine from him and I do not know the price, but they are available on Ebay as well as from other sources, including, your local medical equipment dealer. I modify the pump sets to work with Kent AquaDose containers by snipping off the bag and using 1/4" and 3/8" RO tubing and Superglue gel; glue the pump set tubing inside the 1/4" and the 1/4" inside the 3/8", I could eliminate the 3/8" if I could find a 3/8" MPT to 1/4" compression adapter or elbow .. maybe next time I go to The County Stores in Milford, NH (they are great!).

Update: I couldn't find an adapter, but I did modify my process a little, instead of supergluing the pump set tubing inside 1/4" RO tubing and then that inside 3/8" tubing, I just used the 3/8" and packed it full of aquamend putty epoxy, keeping the tubing as centered as possible inside the 3/8". It worked even better than the Superglue method.

I use mine to deliver Randy Holmes-Farley's homemade Alk/Calc/Mag receipe, the other is a spare. They will deliver up to 300 ml./hr.

This is a non-commercial post. I'm not making anything, either in cash or in kind by posting this referral. I've already bought 4 pumps from him; one previously, three today. Please treat him "gently" when contacting him, and don't try to "squeeze" him for any further discount, I already tried. They aren't making alot of money off these and it is truly a good deal.

Last edited:
Follow up

Received the last order I placed via UPS yesterday afternoon. I'm still happy as a proverbial clam, the pumps where clean, well packed and as before recalibrated and the service documented.

Just thought you'd like to know that my first experience with this outfit was not a total fluke.

Regards
Noel

I use to drip manually, but switched to one of these for dosing from a 6 gallon container - one of the best things I've done. They are very accurate (they measure drips delivered), dose from 5ml/hr to 300 ml/hr, and can sound an alarm if there is a flow problem (beep beep ...). My 75g usually requires about 100ml/hr. I haven't had a use for it, but they can also be set to deliver a specific volume, vs. pump continuously. $50 is less than most go for on ebay.

Extra's

No, I don't have any extras I bought what I needed/wanted and just posted the how to get one (cheap) here.

If you are wanting a dosing pump, I'd recommend that you use this model. As a Nurse (RN) I can tell you from experience that they work, they are reliable and parts/bags are easy to obtain.

I was NOT at all happy with the one I got off ebay from the reefdosingpump.com guy. More expensive and it was not a model that you can expect to find parts/bags/etc for. I returned it for a refund.

Regards
Noel

I'm really tempted now. One more question: If I wanted to, could I instead pump from say, a large water jug? I think I've seen other people do that in the far distant past....
In other words, do I -need- the bags/pump sets, or can I just put one end in a bucket and the other above the sump?

Bags ETC

I pump from Kent 5 gal. aquadose jugs, but you can use anything you want. However, you WILL need to get at least a couple of bags/pump sets (per pump) and modify same to work with whatever container you want (see my original post).

Why a couple? One to use, one or more for spares. They don't last forever. My (modified) pump sets have been going for 2+ months, no reason to believe that they won't last several months more or longer.

Bags/pump sets run about $1-$3 each on ebay. I bought a case of 30 or so for $40 should last me years.

Regards
Noel

Scott Merrill

Don't trust this man ... he'll lead you astray and keep you waiting at the door :)

Also, don't let him near your tanks.. he has diamond drills and is not afraid to use `em when your not looking.

Noel

(for them that can't read between the lines .. I'm pickin' on Scott in good humor, he graciously came and drilled my tanks for a closed loop.. and didn't break anything..)

Noel, I bought one of these pumps but it only lets me set a 2000 ml limit for the dose. Is there a way to disable the limit?

Dose Limit

I don't set a dose limit...

but to answer your question, without mod'ing the controller .. no, not to my knowledge.

Was yours as nice as mine where?

And just a recommendation, run some vinegar through the tubing every once in awhile and then flush with RO, it'll clean out the built-up crud, it seems that the baking soda is the worse culprit.

Noel

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that was just the info I need. I just need to figure out a better way to prime the tubing so it won't alarm.
Thanks for the initial heads up Noel. The pump and the salesperson were very nice.

I put my 6 gallon tank above my sump, and get a siphon going through the tubing into the sump. I turn the drip chamber up-side-down to purge air so that I get the liquid at or slightly above the line when I turn it right side up. Then I put the drip chamber in the pump and wrap the soft rubber part around the pump. After that it will pump from a source above or below the discharge point. It takes a little practice to get the hang of leveling the drip chamber, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy and quick. I like to set the level in the drip chamber it a little high as it seems to drop over time.

Good luck!

Prime

I use gravity to prime the tubing. Turn the drip chamber upside down to fill up 1/2 - 3/4, flip and let it run through the rest of the tubing. You'll get the hang of it.

My next iteration is to use a coupler to add an extra long bit of poly tubing so I can set the aquadose containers further away, i.e. on a shelf above the pumps. Unfortunatately, the tubing to the bag end, while right for an IV polve, just isn't long enough for this application.

Oh, and interestingly, it seems that those that use B IONOC grow mostly deep purple coraline, the home made 2 part seems to grow lavender coraline (at least so far) ... :)

Well, the wife likes it...

Noel

Last edited:
I LOVE these things.

i am ordering more.
anyone want in to split shipping
also ordering extra pump sets.

Post soon....

Scott Merrill said:
I LOVE these things.

i am ordering more.
anyone want in to split shipping
also ordering extra pump sets.

Post soon....
Sounds good, post shipping price if this hasn't happened yet.

Back