Kangaroo 324 Dosing Pumps

Would this work for top-off/kalkwasser? I was thinking of a float valve, etc, but that makes me a bit nervous. Do you folks think this would be a good job for this pump?

NateHanson said:
Would this work for top-off/kalkwasser? I was thinking of a float valve, etc, but that makes me a bit nervous. Do you folks think this would be a good job for this pump?
thats exactly what i use it for.
as well as dosing mag, and aclimating new stuff.

as for shipping, once we get a count of everyone interested i will know how much shipping is. I can't imagine its more than 5 or 10.00. ea.
i would guess the extra bags ar less than 5.00 ea

if we can get this together it time maybe i can bring to marcs grand opening.

i currently run an older sentry model and ray took my kangaro to dose topoff/kalk.

Scott
Piscevore
bidadari
Penman
Flighty
Natehanson
Denvig

Attachments

• Sentry.jpg
    Sentry.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 310
Scott
This guy modifies these pumps so you can use them with a float switch and not loose your settings. What he does is have the float switch shut off the pump motor but the unit still thinks it?s on so all settings remain because the ?Brain? is still getting power. Do you think we can modify these?

http://reefdosingpumps.com/products/sentry.html

Scott - I decided on a different route. If it's not too late, please don't include me on this. If you already ordered, then I'll keep up my end of the bargain and buy it. :)

Daire

You don't have to wait...

You know you don't have to wait to get these pumps...

The shipping was very reasonable when I bought my (4) pumps, the guy was not at that time into ripping people off either on the price of the pump or the shipping.

If he had, I would have never posted this.

Regards
Noel

This is a stupid question, but can this pump be run under the tank? I currently don't have a drilled tank, and I don't have a sump yet. Can this pump UP to the tank, or does it need to be above the water level? I know this would be a good solution for my long-term plans (drilled tank with sump), but I was wondering if I could also use it in the short-term to dose kalk.

Thanks,
Daire

I called the guy this morning - he was extremely nice and helpful on the phone. I couldn't wait, so I ordered one. He said the shipping would be around $10. He also had the pump kits for $2.

Thanks for the tip Noel. I told him you referred me.

Daire

Can you get pump heads for this pump to allow you to dispense two equal volumes of different solutions? (2-part additive)

Heads

No you can't.. and don't let the dude that sells these on Ebay fool you either, his $100+ "dual" feed consisted of a home-brewed pump set which if it breaks your not going to be able to obtain anywhere but from him if he's still around and a pump which has no commercial support in the US.

I know, I bought one and returned it. And if I haven't mentioned it before, I chose the Kangaroo 324 because I know that it was and still is in wide-spread use in the US. (I'm not just a web hosting provider/jack-of-all-trades/fish freak.. I'm also an RN). Meaning you can easily get pump sets and you could, if they weren't so cheap, even get the unit repaired if desired.

As to pumping equal volumes, what I find is that you typically end up pumping one part at one rate and another at another based upon usage and testing and, if you making your own 2 part, based upon the concentration of the solutions as well as the other parameters.

For example, I'm using two pumps right now, one is going at 18 the other at 22.

When I get the 210's setup (I hate plumbing) I'm actually going to pump three parts; Alk, Calcium and Magnesium.

And one other "small" issue, the ALK solution, even mixed at half-strength, ends up clogging the pump set on average about once a month. I "clean it out" by flushing the pump set with vinegar. In my opinion another reason to use seperate pumps.

Regards
Noel

Back