Votes: 16 34.0%
  • 125 Gallon

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • 156 Gallon

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
156gal

with a 5' length you get that nice big tank look with room for fish to cruise

a depth of 24" front to back aquascaping will be much easyier allowing open areas for nice big clams

Lighting you could always aquascape just in the midde leaving the ends empty or two piles on each end along with retro fit lights\pendants just light overs piles or mound
i would definately use 250w MHs for the depth of that tank, actually i would use 400s but thats just me

if you buy a smaller tank you will wish you had bought a bigger one later :)

I have a 125, and would like a bigger one, but the light required to get to those depths is a little much for me. :(

reefermedic. Not mine, it's 84" x 24" x 24".... and its a oceanic not an aga the 210 littlep is talking about is an aga 72x24x29.
84" x 24" x 24".... go big steve why move another tank do it now :D

I have a 110 5'x 24"x 18" It's great but the extra 6" front to back on the 150 would be nice. and you can still use a 4' light.

If your in Nashua NH this wk SAT or SUN stop by and take a look at a 125 SPS and see what you think take a look at other people setups then pick what you like.

you could always have 2 400's then slide 72 vho's all the way down to the end where you don't have metal halides.do 3/4 live rock high light sps, and on the end with just vho's do lps, softys and a nice deep sand thats my dream tank sound good steve ;) :D

Damn you all! LOL....The 156 is twice as much as the 125. I looked at where I want to put the tank and think maybe a 125 would be best, but I would still like that extra room front to back. But, on the other hand...If I went with a 120 I wouldn't have to do as much of an upgrade on lighting. If I could get the 156 from another (less expensive) manufacturer, it would be a no brainer, but at twice the cost of a 125, I don't know if I can justify that.

Go for the 180...........72X24X24...Perfect height, perfect depth. You are getting 50% bigger for 20% more $$.

Back