The tank swap has begun...Pictures

You know she is :D But, she dropped a knife with pizza sauce on it tonight. Nothing got on the carpet though.

Looks good, my chair faces away from the tank. Kind of a bummer, looks like you'll be sitting facing the tank
I need to move furniture around........

Yeah, this tank has a much better view than the other one had. It's almost to temp now but still milky. PH is low too about 7.8. See the Equipment forum, I want to get rid of my 75 before new years...

smcnally said:
You know she is :D But, she dropped a knife with pizza sauce on it tonight. Nothing got on the carpet though.

That sounds like something I would do.

How are things going today?

Mrs. Delta said:
That sounds like something I would do.

How are things going today?
Things look good. I tested the water and got the following

Ammonia-0

Nitrites-0

Nitrates-0

Alk-12 dKH

didn't check calcium yet.

The tank temp is up to normal, and the PH is a little low (7.9), but the water everything is in is at 8.0. Except for the fact that I clouded the water up again, I think I'm going to swap them all over tonight. The snails and crabs that went in last night are all still alive, and nothing has wilted on my in the holding tanks yet. But my clams and fish seem like they're getting a little pissy. I should have pictures tommorrow of a half assed aquascape and hopefully clear water. BTW, I found a nice big holey rock in that bunch of rock I didn't sell that looks awesome as my center island!

Use a phosban reactor filled with filter floss with a powerhead attached. It will probably clear the tank in about three hours.

Aquaman_68 said:
Use a phosban reactor filled with filter floss with a powerhead attached. It will probably clear the tank in about three hours.
I don't have one. I put floss at each overflow and at each flow point in the sump. I think I should have waited, but my livestock was starting to stress. I got most of my stuff in the tank, but can't see again. I'm afraid to put the rest of the corals in right now in fear that I'll place them on top of others. I hope this clears up real soon!

My tank looks like crap. I'll be surprised if I don't lose some stuff. But I figured it had more of a chance in a larger volume of water. I soooooooo hate sand storms. :( I think when I eventually move, I'll sell all the livestock and start from scratch. That way I can take my sweet time.

Steve don't sweat it too much I know how you feel it is stressful. If you need a quick fix I can lend you a filter to clear it up quickly. LMK

delta said:
Steve don't sweat it too much I know how you feel it is stressful. If you need a quick fix I can lend you a filter to clear it up quickly. LMK
Nah, I'm just stressing out. I've been watching my false perc in there for the last hour or so and he's doing laps across the front lengthwise. My wife was worried, but I think he's staying at the glass because he can't see in the tank. He's breathing normally and playing in the flow. I just wish I could see how so me of the corals and clams are doing. I can see one of my croceas that is near the glass is opened up though, and some of the zoas are peeking out a bit.

Steve - I wouldn't worry. When we changed out Reefermedic's sandbed he had a huge sandstorm. It cleared up pretty quickly and I don't think he lost a thing.

starrfish said:
Steve - I wouldn't worry. When we changed out Reefermedic's sandbed he had a huge sandstorm. It cleared up pretty quickly and I don't think he lost a thing.

Nope, didn't lose anything, and I put everything in when I couldn't even see through the tank. Just be ready with your turkey baster when it does start to clear so you can uncover your corals........

I still can't see in more than about 2-3 inches. It sucks. got the skimmer going and tubed it out into a 1 gallon container. Hopefully it won't overflow that overnight. It is producing a nice brown foam. I'm sure it will pull out a lot of that nastiness

Here it is this morning. All the fish look fine, but I can't find my Hippo Tang anywhere. I looked all around inside and out. I know she is really good at sqweezing into nooks and crannies, so I hope she is just hiding. No signs of RTN yet. My acros are even showing some polyp extension under my ghetto lighting setup! Their regular lights and hood should be on tonight.
DSC01331.jpg

Steve,

That tank looks really nice and I love your new carpet. Cannot wait to see it all set up. Quit stressing out so much.... it reminds me of Dad.

:)

Love,

Tam

wow thats going to be a nice set up clearing up nice.I wish I had the room I would take down my 120 and put a 125 up in a minute.

Back