I'm an AEFW Suvivor!!

Reefers worst nightmare. Acropora Eating Flatworms. Very destructive pest that will eat entire colony of acros if left unattended and treated. You can control AEFW with wrasses but it'll never get rid of them. The only way get rid of them is to go through treatment like this or take out all acros from the tank.

If you keep buying corals and putting them into the tank without any preventive dipping, you'll bound to get some form of unwanted pest. I don't care where the corals coming from, the first thing it'll see is my Bayer dipping container. Some people don't like to admit they have pest in their system because 1) it makes it hard to sell frags to other members 2) it hurts their ego 3) honestly unaware they have pest
I truly think using Bayer is a viable option for treating incoming corals. It cheap and quite easy and very low risk of losing the coral. If more and more people are doing this preventive step, we can greatly reduce the spreading of pests and keep the hobby more enjoyable.
Before this, finding Interceptor to treat for red bugs is quite troublesome. You have to get the pill from the vet and it doesn't kill anything else beside red bugs. Expensive reef dipping solution like Coral RX and Revive kill AEFW but doesn't kill the other and it makes the sps browned out for weeks. So I admit, I don't always like to do it so that's why it got into my system.
This Bayer treatment is well documented through reef forums that kill most if not all the known pests in reef system. I highly recommend everyone look into it. A 32OZ bottle of Bayer is only $13 at Walmart and will last you well over the expiration date.

Bayer it is then !! Should I be Bayer dipping everything going in the tank other then the fish? So all rock and coral.? Just curious of your option?

Liverock, you probably don't want to dip depending on how much rock you want to dip. It will kill a lot of critter in the rock and you'll get the amonia cycle.
Small plugs and even those rock mariculture colonies come with should be fine. Remember to rinse everything with tank water thoroughly before putting it into the tank. The residual bayer solution can cause problem in the tank depending on how much water volume you have and if carbon is running or not.
Also, Bayer is a dip treatment and NOT an in-tank treatment like interceptor meaning you have to do it outside the tank. Also, wear glove and make sure you have fresh air coming into the room you're doing the dip in. The chemical you're playing with is an insecticide so take precaution on handling it.
I did this all outside with gloves and goggles.

Awesome photo and coral. I love those two red meat coral.

That's the one I use. With 15ml Bayer per cup of tank water. A rough conversion of this will be 1 gallon of tank water and a cup of the above Bayer solution. I dip for 30minutes. The solution will be very cloudy and you won't be able to see whatever is in it easily. I'll have some pics when I get home.

It is featured in a new book "Practical Coral Farming" expanded edition by Miguel Tolosa. So it is official, sort of. Highly recommended the book and I bought a copy myself. Some of the best $20 I spent. After I am done reading the book, I will donate it to the club's library.

using Bayer

It is featured in a new book "Practical Coral Farming" expanded edition by Miguel Tolosa. So it is official, sort of. Highly recommended the book and I bought a copy myself. Some of the best $20 I spent. After I am done reading the book, I will donate it to the club's library.

Do you mix in a cup of conentrated Bayer Solution per Gallon of tank water? Or do you dilute the Concentrated Bayer first, then use a cup of the diluted solution?

I use less than 1 cup for a gallon. I normally use 30 mL (1 Oz) in a gallon. But I tried 1 cup per gallon as well, coral did not seem to mind the higher concentration. No color lost, no bleach immediately after the dips.

Everything except coral will die. I saw mini star fish, snails all dead in matter of 10 minutes. Fish died too (freak accident).

Back