Discussion of VE forum RULES

Chuck your reading something into the rules that just isn't there!

If you wanted to make a post that said for EX: I go to xyz because it's close, but I don't find the staff to be very knowlegable....that would be just friggin fine!!

Chuck and Lactrain, while I understand what you are saying, I believe that it would be the rare case that someone in this group would put a post up pretending to have a 1st hand experience they did not.

Also, I do not believe because there is a slight chance of this happening that we should open the floodgates and allow posts that clearly are not firsthand experience.

Aware

Obviously not everyone can understand or even try to understand my point of view.

One Eye said:
Len and Chuck, I've been very aware of Chucks point for some time now.

As I have explained several times in the past. It needs to be first hand experiance because second hand info cannot be questioned.
EX: if you tell me your friend Billy Bob went to xyz and the store kicked him out because they didn't like his new mullet. Billy Bob is not a user of the forum.
1st, I can't ask Billy Bob why the hell he wants to wear a mullet anyway
2nd, the store can't defend against an acusation made by a third party.

Please read and comprehend this...thank you!

Chuck Spyropulos said:
Yes, absolutely! In fact PJs is place that comes to mind. I like it because it is close and convenient for supplies and even Mysis now! But I don't go there for advice on Reef Tanks.

Thats fine by me. Its a personal experience, and it is neutral in its tone.

Evil Version Of Chuck said:
Yes, absolutely! In fact PJs is place that comes to mind. I like it because it is close and convenient for supplies and even Mysis now! But I don't go there for advice on Reef Tanks because no one has any f'in idea what theyre doing.

Not okay, its now become a personal insult, and is rude.

Evil Chuck 2 said:
Yes, absolutely! In fact PJs is place that comes to mind. I like it because it is close and convenient for supplies and even Mysis now! But I don't go there for advice on Reef Tanks because I heard they feed babies to the groupers.
Not okay, theres no way to verify. If you didnt see them feed babies to the groupers, then dont post about it. Let the person who saw it post.

A lot of the issues so far havent been content, its been people being too emotional about things. People need to chillax :cool:

STOP! don't leave...

If you do not want a repeat then STOP making it personal.
I have no problem discussion anything with you but when you make it personal (like yesterday) then no useful discussion can take place.

You are being condiscending telling me to read this rule and that rule and that "I am reading things into" statements or broadcasting all of the infested frags I sold to the world with all of your research and facts. Stick to general discussion and I can talk to you. You are right! This is not about ONLY ME. But you keep trying to make it about me. Why?
One Eye said:
All right....we don't need a repeat of yesterday...I'm out of this, good luck people!

Last edited:
KAS said:
Chuck and Lactrain, while I understand what you are saying, I believe that it would be the rare case that someone in this group would put a post up pretending to have a 1st hand experience they did not.

Also, I do not believe because there is a slight chance of this happening that we should open the floodgates and allow posts that clearly are not firsthand experience.

Obviously not everyone can understand or even try to understand my point of view.

Did I misunderstand you?

Chuck Spyropulos said:
Yes, absolutely! In fact PJs is place that comes to mind. I like it because it is close and convenient for supplies and even Mysis now! But I don't go there for advice on Reef Tanks. That is a negative comment that is not based on any facts or first-hand information so should it be deleted? NO! Do I want PJs to close? Absolutely not! Will PJs sue me? Of course not.
So when these "grey" area comments get posted they provide some information that would otherwise get deleted if the Mods followed the rules tothe "T".

why are your thoughts mentioned here not first hand or negative.it sounds like a perfectly good and useful piece of information that would be welcome in the VE forum.I don't see any reason why it would need to be moderated?

No

No, we are just having a discussion and you are being extremely curteous in presenting your point of view. Even though we disagree, we are being civil towards one another. Why can't everyone else just get along ?:p

KAS said:
Did I misunderstand you?

One Eye ... Thats first person and second person, (English Composition)

What if I said: I remeber back in the day when Darren was burned by an online vendor .... would it be deleted.

That is second .... but its true! ... aint it! you know first hand!

I would like to support you ... but i cant... becasue the forum doesnt allow it!

But if there were no forum and no rules ... i could help you out!!!!!

Len

And, if I can keep beating that poor horse, we have to keep in mind the problem with second hand info and slander\libel laws.

This isn't something I'm making up - its a real issue. Do I suspect a local store would do something like this ? No. Would I put it past certain Aqua Conmen ? No.

lactrain said:
What if I said: I remeber back in the day when Darren was burned by an online vendor .... would it be deleted.

That is second .... but its true! ... aint it! you know first hand!

The thing is, Darren should post that, not you. His account would be more accurate, and more credible, because he was involved.

OK. As someone said, this is just a freakin' fish club. The forum rules are not really affecting any of us in any material way. Why is it so important to you Chuck and Len to fight for this issue?

I am not trying to be provoking or judgemental. i am really curious why you feel so passionate about this. It just doesn't seem worth all the aggrevation. So what if second hand info is not allowed because the club is concerned about libel/slander. They are the officers that would be directly sued not us.

I have chosen not to put myself in the position of making the rules, therefore if I choose not to be part of the process, then I don't get to criticize the outcome. ETA: This is just my opinion.

I do get your point Len, even so, if I remember correctly. The issue your refering to (it happened on the RC VE forum) was viewed something like 10,000 times but the comments were restricted to those of us personaly involved. It just happened to be a group buy so there were several people that had first hand knowledge of what happened....there were some comments made in support after the "big show" was pretty much over and Rob had agreed to refund some money....it was a long time ago and I may be wrong. I think the majority of second hand comments were made on other boards that the issue spread too. Oh...and I do remember other people who had simular issues with Rob did jump into the thread....that's why RC dropped him as a sponsor....And, I was asked by the RC staff to make a public appology when I made a personal comment toward Rob.

Hi KAS

We are just discussing things....no big deal. In fact, I am not going to post here again. I presented my points and will cmove on and continue posting on other threads in the forum.

KAS said:
OK. As someone said, this is just a freakin' fish club. The forum rules are not really affecting any of us in any material way. Why is it so important to you Chuck and Len to fight for this issue?

I am not trying to be provoking or judgemental. i am really curious why you feel so passionate about this. It just doesn't seem worth all the aggrevation. So what if second hand info is not allowed because the club is concerned about libel/slander. They are the officers that would be directly sued not us.

I have chosen not to put myself in the position of making the rules, therefore if I choose not to be part of the process, then I don't get to criticize the outcome. ETA: This is just my opinion.

Chuck Spyropulos said:
We are just discussing things....no big deal. In fact, I am not going to post here again. I presented my points and will cmove on and continue posting on other threads in the forum.
Good, glad to hear it (about the no big deal part).

KAS said:

We are not fighting for this issue or against it! ... we are acting as members of an organization responding to thread that was created by someone other then ourselves. We are merly voicing our opinion with passion the same passion that is put forward in all the aspects of our lives as well as in this hobby.

KAS said:

I guess only the fact that some people care more then others, unfortunatey it is at times the same people most of the time, therefor painting a black picture of the "voice of reason". (this is not personal) ...

Some people take conversations like this personally and many of us dont ... so we feel that we can speak our minds...whether we actually care or not ... Niether me or chuck (im assuming) are the problem we both im sure abide by the rules set forth in the forum.

KAS said:

Like you stated ... its your opinion ....just not mines or chucks! The thread was started for that specific reason!

Please in no way shape or form were my intentions to be destructive ...at times, becasue of my culture, passion is extrememly expressed in my words ... My only intention was to be constructive.

Enough Said!

Back